You can also now follow a Peace Train on Tumblr:

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Peace One Day

September 21st is World Peace Day. Although the day was officially started by the UN in 1981, it was kind of one of those days that no one really knows about, let alone celebrates or attempts to strive for peace. But in 1999 one man name Jeremy Gilley began on a mission to one day make peace day truly a day of peace: the first ever annual day of global ceasefire and non-violence with a fixed calendar date. It still hasn't happened yet, but the peace day movement has grown exponentially due to his efforts. When I watched his film, The Day After Peace, I was completely inspired... it was amazing to see what one person could do.



In order to honor world peace day and in order to promote peace both in our individual lives and a global community, I decided to start this blog, A Peace Train. My hope is that it will help anyone who reads it (including myselft) to think about peace more and to inspire us to create more just and peaceful communities and world. I hope that you hop on board!


I commit to peace on 21 September. What will you do to make peace on 21 September? Take Action now

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful 1st post - and I am definitely on board! Feel free to use the post on women ending global poverty. I will spread the word about this blog and am now following "A Peace Train" too!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete